Picture Credit: support.apple.com
AirPrint is an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers.
With AirPrint, it's easy to print full quality photos and documents from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without having to install additional software. AirPrint is built into most popular printer models, like the ones listed in this article. To use an AirPrint printer with your Wi-Fi network, make sure your printer is connected to the same network as your iOS device or Mac. Then select the AirPrint printer from your favorite app and you're ready to print.
On your Mac, you can also connect your AirPrint printer to a USB port or Ethernet port if you don't want to print wirelessly. Check the documentation that came with your printer to see if it includes one of these ports.
AirPrint features include easy discovery, automatic media selection, and enterprise-class finishing options. In corporate environments, DNS records can be configured to enable your AirPrint printer to appear across other networks. You can also use configuration profiles in iOS to set up AirPrint printers.
Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
How to Use iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Print with AirPrint
- Open the app you want to print from.
- To find the print option, tap app’s share icon, or , or tap . If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
- Tap or Print.
- Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
- Tap Print in the upper-right corner.
See Printer Support with AirPrint
Article Source : support.apple.com